Thursday, September 16, 2010

creating community

Reflect on what you learned about creating community in your classroom from our visitor, Sylvia Al

I found that I learned that creating a strong community in your classroom is very important.  Morning meetings are a great way to build this.  It helps your students become friends and respect each other for who they are, and not the way that they act or look.  In my class it will be very important to me that all my students in my class get along.  I think that it is very important for the kids to get along and accept each other for who they are, this will help build a strong community in the classroom!

I loved listening to Sylvia Al she had some amazing ideas and stories!

1 comment:

  1. What if they "get along" so well that they won't stop chatting? Something to anticipate...

    ReplyDelete