Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Flowers post 2

Think about this field of wildflowers as a metaphor for a classroom of children. How does your perspective of the picture change as you look for the uniqueness?



I really like this analogy of the field of flowers and a classroom. It is so true your students are like a field flowers the first time that you see them they all look the same. Students that that have come to school to learn, and then you realize that some are happy to be there and some are not. After being with them for a while you notice what their strengths are, and what they like to learn. While you are learning this you slowly find that each child has a different personality and you grow to love and care for each student. As a teacher you want them to learn and grow to be the best you can. I know I will do everything I can to help my students grow to be beautiful "flowers!"

1 comment:

  1. I'm still working on helping the "not so happy to be there" students catch the vision and make the shift. Good luck with your quest.

    ReplyDelete