Wednesday, September 8, 2010

The role of students needs post 3

2d. On page 22, Tomlinson says, “The truth is, we will never really do all each child needs us to do.” Later on this page she says, “The point is not to entertain guilt. The point is to relentlessly seize the remarkable opportunity of a teacher to shape lives – to do the best we can to ensure that we are better at reaching children today than yesterday, better at it this year than last.”

I think as at the beginning of being a teacher it is really important to remember this, because I know that I will want to do everything I can for my students, they are my kids. I have to realize that it will be hard and I can’t do everything for them. they have a life at home and I have no control over what happens to them then, I just have to do everything I can for them when they are at school to let them know that I care and love them. Then when it comes to learning I need to know that it will be ok for them to go out on their own and mess up on the things they are learning and I can’t hold their hand the whole way. They have to learn to do it on their own, but it will be hard for me. I know that I will love my students and will want the best for them, but I need to remember that as long as I give my best they will be fine!

1 comment:

  1. You have a high level of trust in students ability to construct their own knowledge. You and Piaget--pretty good company.

    ReplyDelete